Changes in version 3.5 (beta):
- Added powerful macro capabilities!
Arbitrarily complex operations can now be recorded into a macro, and then from that point on be available at the click of a button!
- Added powerful command-line support!
Practically all program functionality can now be accessed directly from the command-line, making it possible to fully control Mp3/Tag Studio from any other application or script!
- Fixed an incompatibility issue with Windows XP Service Pack 2, it should now work fine with this new service pack too.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the program to seemingly halt, or go extremely slow when tagging certain mp3 files containing large ID3v2 tags.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could cause a parsing error in the direct rename tool while using absolute path mode.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could cause a crash in the browse tool when editing more than one file that only had an ID3v1 tag.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions did not correctly reset the list creation tool GUI after usage.
- Fixed a bunch of other small bugs too.
- Fixed a bug that caused macros using the auto tag tool to fail execution. (beta 2)
- Added the hotkey combination alt-1 to start and stop recording macros. (beta 2)
- Fixed a problem that could cause the program to think that it had been illegally modified, and would then refuse to work. (beta 3)
- Added the hotkey combinations alt-plus and alt-minus (where plus and minus are from the keypad) to save and unsave templates in the template dropdown boxes. (beta 3)
- Improved the VBR header repair feature, so that it can now repair the VBR header of files that have frame sync problems too. (beta 4)
- Improved the VBR header repair feature, so that it can now also repair the VBR header of mp3Pro VBR files (and several additional earlier non-supported mp3 types), which is needed to make them play correctly in e.g. iPod or other hardware players. (beta 4)
- Made the program accept macro parameter names both enclosed and non-enclosed in percentage signs when setting them from the command-line, since percentage signs have special meaning in many scripts and similar. (beta 4)
- Fixed a bug in the mass set tool macros, that would make it malfunction when the extended ID3v2 fields were used. Some related bugs in the macro functionality of other tools were also fixed. (beta 4)
- Fixed a problem with capitalizing a certain special Central European character. (beta 4)
- Added a configurable "Always upper-case" list of words in the casefix tool (Advanced mode). (beta 5)
- Added an "Only whole word" option to the substring replacements feature of the casefix tool. (beta 5)
- Fixed an VBR header incompatibility issue with LAME and other third party software. (beta 5)
- Made the "Advanced ID3v2 info" window dockable to the main window. (beta 5)
- Fixed so that all components of a possible compound track number are zero-padded if this is requested by the user, and not only the initial track number like before. (beta 5)
- Fixed a bi-product bug of the new VBR header repair features, that would sometimes result in an incorrect playlength being displayed for mp3 files with VBR headers and certain sample frequencies. (beta 5)
- Fixed a bug that made the procedure fail when attempting to use the mass set tool to edit the mp3 flags in all mp3 frame headers of an mp3 file. (beta 5)
- Fixed a problem in the filter, sometimes giving incorrect results when filtering on mp3 flags (this problem was not present in versions prior to 3.5 beta 1). (beta 5)
- Made another fix to the casefix utility regarding Central European fonts. (beta 5)
- Added macro support to the shell extension (Windows Explorer right-click menu). (beta 6)
- Made a fix to the "Only whole word" feature of the casefix tool, so that it now also supports phrases containing more than one word (it is now called "Only whole word/phrase"). (beta 6)
- Fixed a bug related to the custom replacements casefix feature, introduced in beta 5. (beta 6)
- Fixed a bug (introduced in beta 5) that sometimes caused crashes when analyzing mp3 files in e.g. the browse tool. (beta 6)
- Fixed a bug (introduced in beta 6) which caused macros containing operations using the casefix utility to fail loading/executing. (beta 7)
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could miss the last mp3 frame header in the target file when performing a "modify mp3 flags in all frames" operation. (beta 7)
- Fixed a bug that caused problems when reading Unicode-encoded ID3v2 tags. (beta 8)
- Fixed a bug that could cause macros containing operations with the "Direct tag manipulation" tool to fail, when executed from the command-line. (beta 8)
- Fixed a bug that only made it possible to enter content of length 30 or below in some of the fields of the "Advanced ID3v2 info" window in the browse tool. (beta 8)
- Fixed a bug that caused problems when trying to use the root directory of drives as the working directory when executing macros from the command-line. (beta 8)
- Finally fixed the long standing GUI problems occurring for people who use non-standard DPI settings in Windows (e.g. the Large Fonts setting). (beta 9)
- Fixed the problems with the Explorer dir tree (both the earlier more rare ones, and the one introduced in beta 9) (beta 10)
- Fixed some bugs in the shell extension (i.e. the Explorer right-click menu). (beta 10)
- Added an option to rename macros (from their context menu in the macro window). (beta 11)
- Added an "invert selection" feature to the custom file selection box context menu. (beta 11)
- Added display of the frame codes for additional ID3v2 frames in the Advanced ID3v2 info box of the browse tool. (beta 11)
- Added enter as a hotkey for the write button in the Advanced ID3v2 info box of the browse tool. (beta 11)
- Fixed a bug that caused syntax errors when selecting template fields from the advanced mode context menu in all the tools (this bug was introduced in beta 10). (beta 11)
- Fixed a bug that made ID3v1/ID3v2 contents still show up in the preview dialog of the mass clean tool, even if the user had selected to remove the entire tags. (beta 11)
- Fixed a problem with colliding hotkeys in the mass set tool. (beta 11)
- Fixed a bug that still modified the file dates on files when writing their tags from the Advanced ID3v2 info box of the browse tool, even when the global setting to not modify file dates was active. (beta 11)
- Fixed a bug that made custom genres added from the global settings not show up in the genre drop-downs until after a program restart. (beta 11)
- Fixed a bug that made custom genres show in the genre drop-downs even though the program was in ID3v1-only mode (and hence they cannot be written to tags in that mode anyway). (beta 11)
- Fixed a startup problem that may occur in the special condition that a user doesn't have a C:-drive in the computer, and at the same time has corrupted the Mp3/Tag Studio main datafile. (beta 11)
- Added a context menu option for all status/warning/error boxes, enabling the user to save the contents to a chosen text file on disk. (beta 12)
- Fixed a bug that would under some conditions cause Mp3/Tag Studio to slow down or even crash with an error message ("Thread creation error...") when auto-renaming mp3 files. This bug was introduced in beta 10. (beta 12)
- Fixed the problems with manual refreshes of the Explorer dirtree. (beta 12)
- Fixed a bug that would under certain conditions cause the program to fail including certain mp3 info when creating custom lists. (beta 12)
- Fixed a bug that would under certain conditions attempt to extract mp3 encoding info from non-mp3 files when creating custom lists. (beta 12)
- Fixed a bug that caused the mass set tool not to display the changes in some ID3v2 fields in preview mode. (beta 12)
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions caused ID3v2 comment frames with non-standard content descriptors to be removed when tagging files. (beta 12)
- Fixed a problem that caused the program not to switch working directory when the directory was selected from the Explorer dirtree by using the keyboard instead of the mouse. (beta 12)
- Fixed a bug that would cause the filter not to work properly if only filtering based on mp3 stereo mode was used. (beta 12)
- Fixed a problem related to refreshing the Explorer dirtree, introduced in beta 12. (beta 14)
- Re-enabled the auto update feature of the Explorer dirtree. (beta 14)
- Made the auto refresh of the Explorer browse tree optional. (beta 15)
- Fixed a problem with the Explorer browse tree, that made it display expansion icons (plus signs) also for folders that did not contain any subfolders. (beta 15)
- Fixed a problem with the Explorer browse tree, that made it expand or collapse the currently selected folder if it was refreshed. (beta 15)
- Fixed a problem with the Explorer browse tree, that made it flicker when the update button (F5) was pressed while it was selected in the GUI. (beta 15)
- Fixed a problem that under certain conditions could prevent some files from being processed correctly by the Direct Rename tool when the output template contained folder levels. (beta 15)
- Fixed some problems in a third-party component, which could in turn trigger certain bugs in other third-party programs (e.g. crashes and unexpected program starts). (beta 16)
- Fixed a problem with using multi-row values in macro recordings. (beta 17)
- Fixed a problem that under certain conditions could cause a non-removable empty field to appear in templates. (beta 17)
- Fixed a problem that could erroneously display the non-saved tag data confirmation message in the browse tool. (beta 17)
- Fixed a problem where a settings value was not remembered between program executions. (beta 17)
- Updated third-party controls to latest versions. (beta 17)
- Fixed some smaller GUI bugs. (beta 17)
- Experimental Windows Vista support. (beta 18)
- Improved experimental Windows Vista support. (beta 19)
- Improved stability for working with corrupted ID3v2 tags. (beta 22)
Changes in version 3.05:
- Added support for track numbers in the processing filter.
- Added a feature to save the raw contents of unsupported ID3v2 binary frames to file.
- Added a new prefix "Sync v1/v2 tags" in the "Direct tag manipulation" tool.
- Added an option for displaying, or not displaying, the average bitrate in the bitrate field of VBR files. One might not want to display this e.g. when the bitrate field is used to generate directory names (since most VBR files will have at least slightly different average bitrates).
- Added options "Check all files" and "Uncheck all files" to the context menu of the custom file selection list.
- Added a hotkey to the explorer dir-tree, pressing the enter key now causes the selected directory to become the working directory.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions caused the filter detection of synced/unsynced tags not to work.
- Fixed a bug that prevented more than one [NEWLINE] marker from being used in the same template separator sequence.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions prevented automatic creation of directories in the root-directory of any drive during file rename/move operations.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error when reordering the fields of the preview window in retag mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Advanced ID3v2 info" window not to show when starting the program from the shell extension menu.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could cause an error when deleting ID3v2-tags in the browse tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the file selection in the browse tool file list box to change when certain file operation hot-keys were pressed.
- Fixed a bug that prevented manual deletion of additional frames from the "Advanced ID3v2 info" box of the browse tool if the file contained an ID3v2.2 tag with more than one non-convertable binary frame.
- Fixed a bug that gave incorrect warnings about certain filter settings.
- Fixed a GUI bug in the filter settings.
- Made the ID3v2 parse code more robust, to gracefully handle ID3v2 tags with corrupt extended header size fields.
- Corrected some misleading error messages.
- Added a warning/confirmation message when manually setting the flags in every mp3 frame of a file from the browse tool.
Changes in version 3.01:
- Fixed a bug that caused track numbers to be limited to three digits when imported to the tags with the auto tag tool.
- Fixed a small bug that made the alphabetical sorting of files in the "Tag/rename from list" tool to be case-sensitive, although it was supposed to be case-insensitive.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could cause an error when deleting multiple presets in the "Direct tag manipulation" tool.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could produce faulty results when using the substring replace tool.
- Fixed a bug that required files to have a tag when processed in the "Auto rename" tool, even when no actual tag data was being used in the template.
- Corrected an erroneous field in the advanced mode template right-click menu of the list maker tool (and added one field in it that had been forgotten).
- Expanded the track number fields slightly in the browse and mass set tools, so that a track number of the format XX/YY will fit in it also when the font MS Sans Serif (8 pt) is used.
Changes in version 3.0:
- Changed the licensing policy, all registrations are now for life (for the exact same price as before)! That is, if you register the program you will get all future updates of it for free!
- Due to popular demand, a second type of program installation package was added. This new package does not contain any banner at all, but it does instead have limitations in the unregistered mode. The reason for this new package is that so many people are terrified of anything that has a banner in it, even though the banner in Mp3/Tag Studio is a completely harmless image that has been compiled into the program. Please note that the old style package with a banner in the unregistered mode is still available though, this new package is only an addition for adware-paranoids.
- Added a new tool, the list importer. This tool can extract data from files with user defined formats (e.g. text or HTML files) and tag or rename files based on this data. It has a bunch of quite powerful features to play around with.
- Added a new tool, the file search tool. This tool will let you specify any criteria (using the normal filter) and then search an mp3 collection of any size using these. The results will be presented in a spread sheet style window. It's quite good if you just want to practise setting up the filter for the rest of the tools too (since nothing is modified, you only get to see exactly which files will pass through certain filter settings).
- Added a "preview mode" option for all tools in the program that do any kind of tagging or renaming. Using this, the results of any mass processing operation can be viewed before deciding to perform the operation for real.
- Big upgrade of the casefix tool. Both added functionality to it and redesigned its GUI. The new "Advanced mode" should be powerful enough for any casefixing needs! (read more in the help file)
- Big upgrade of the mp3 processing filter. Both added advanced functionality to it (read more in the help file) and redesigned its GUI.
- Big upgrade of the program main settings. Added many options and redesigned the GUI to be much more efficient and good looking.
- All tools for tagging and renaming (in advanced mode) can now use arbitrary ID3v2 text fields as targets and sources! These fields use the format , where XXXX is the ID3v2.3 frame ID of the specific frame.
- Added cancel-capability to all mass file processing operations.
- Added progress meters to all mass file processing operations.
- Upgraded the custom files list box, so that it now has checkboxes for each entry, and also has a horizontal scrollbar when needed. The entries in it can also be manually rearranged in any order, or automatically sorted by file name or file date.
- Added even more advanced functionality to the advanced mode of parse-templates (e.g. the auto tag tool). You can now parse out data to a single field from any number of parts of the source (e.g. a filename).
You have a file with the following name
"Britney (my future wife) Spears - Track 3 CD 1.mp3"
You can then e.g. let the artist be set to "Britney Spears", and let the tracknumber be set to 103. That's just one simple example anyway, the possibilities are pretty endless.
- Added an advanced mode to the "Direct tag manipulation" tool. It can now use templates (similar to the ones in the auto rename tool) to write new tag contents, and it can also process any v1 field, any v2 field (including all special v2-fields) and also corresponding v1 and v2 fields at the same time!
- Upgraded the list maker tool. Both added an advanced mode and custom sorting to it, and also added options to insert custom headers and footers to the lists. It can now output very complex lists (including completely custom HTML lists and multi-line entries). Some new fields were added too, e.g. all ID3v2 text fields (in advanced mode) and relative file paths.
- Upgraded the repair tool. Added a new repair mode to remove junk data before the first mpeg header in mp3 files. This can recover many types of problems, mostly caused by other programs that have written bad ID3v2 tags or VBR-headers to the file. The "Totally remove corrupt frames" mode is still planned for a future version of the program, but I cannot promise exactly when it will be.
- Added the "absolute path mode" also to the direct rename tool.
- Made it possible to add custom commands (i.e. calling of external programs) that can be performed on files from the browse tool menu and shell extension menu.
- Made the program more responsive during mass processing operations.
- Enabled use of track numbers larger than 255 (only in ID3v2 tags though, in ID3v1.1 tags this is theoretically impossible, but as long as ID3v2 tags are enabled inside Mp3/Tag Studio, it is handled as smooth and seamless as possible anyway).
- Enabled addition of own genres to the genre drop-down boxes in the program.
- Added auto completion of genres when typing in the genre drop-down boxes in the program.
- Enabled use of "/" in ID3v2 track number fields, e.g. "5/16", according to the ID3v2 standard.
- Enabled auto parsing of genres from filenames to tags. It being left out in the first place is a relic from the ID3v1 days, when genres could not be set to arbitrary strings, but only to certain genres from a closed set.
- Rewrote and optimized parts of the undo code, to get rid of a strange bug that caused some people to get random crashes while undoing lots of files. I think I finally found this bug, but please report if you have any such crashes in this version!
- Added access to all saved casefix/substring-replacement presets from the shell extension.
- Added access to all saved filter presets from the shell extension.
- Added access to the remove tag commands from the shell extension.
- Fixed so that the program will remember if it was started with the "-resize" parameter the last time, when executed from the shell extension menu. Previously it only remembered the "-noresize" parameter in this way.
- Added an option to set the number of characters that track numbers should be zero padded to, when used in e.g. file names.
- Added an option to preserve the file date (timestamp) of all tagged and renamed files.
- Added an option to use a custom directory for temporary storage (e.g. of undo data). Good for people that for different reasons can't write data to the Mp3/Tag Studio install dir, which is used for this purpose by default.
- Added an option for the user to customize the font used in the tag field text edit boxes.
- Added an option to automatically truncate all created filenames that exceed a certain length (some portable mp3 players have relatively low limits for filename lengths).
- Added an option for the browse tool to primarily display another tag version than the global primary tag version in case of unsynced tags in selected files.
- Added an option to disable the warning message that is displayed when leaving an unsaved edited file in the browse tool.
- Added an option to enable/disable the descriptive header row in created mp3 lists.
- Added an option to issue a warning in the auto rename tool when any of the fields used to rename a certain file is empty.
- Added cut/copy/paste/delete/select-all capabilities to certain context menus inside the program.
- Added an optional disk space check when writing ID3v2 tags to mp3 files, so that an mp3 file can never be damaged even if the disk space runs out during the operation.
- Added support for ID3v2 tags with multiple comment fields (with non-equal content descriptors). Comment fields with non-empty content descriptors are now treated as non-directly supported ID3v2 frames.
- Upgraded the "error and warnings" window, it is now fully resizeable. It can also be detached, so that one can investigate the files listed in it while it is still visible.
- Added a hotkey for the "Execute" command in all tools (ctrl-enter).
- Added an "up one directory level" button for the working directory box.
- Added some new items to the browse tool context menu, and also added hotkeys for every item in this menu.
- Added a display of the mean bitrate in VBR files.
- Made the program a bit better on extracting the mp3 sound data from files with certain kinds of damages.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could cause problems in the program when the current working directory had been moved or deleted by the user.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions resulted in some bad data in the first sound data frame of files that were VBR-header-repaired.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions caused the genre field to seem empty in the browse tool, even though the current tag actually contained a genre.
- Fixed a bug that caused the mass clean tool to under certain conditions create unnecessary empty tags, even though they did not exist to start out with.
- Fixed a bug that caused fixed-width fields not to always work correctly in the direct rename tool.
- Fixed a bug that limited the user input to 30 characters when writing to advanced ID3v2 fields.
- Fixed a bug that made the shell extension act somewhat different for mp3:s with an uppercase file extension.
- Fixed a bug related to processing some tag genres that had originally been written by Winamp. This bug arose from Winamp fixing a bug in their program, which I have earlier compensated for. :-)
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions made the genre in the "mass set tag" tool not to be remembered between executions of the program.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions made the comment in the "mass set tag" tool not to be remembered between executions of the program (unrelated to the similar genre field bug that was also fixed).
- Fixed a bug that could cause an entry in a created list to be broken into several rows if any of the listed information in that entry contained a line break.
- Fixed a bug that could potentially result in empty list entries from the list creator under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program not to warn when only special v2 tag fields had been edited (without saving), and the user selected another file in the browse tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "include subdirs" box of the direct tag manipulation tool to be enabled in custom file selection mode, although it can't be used in that mode.
- Fixed a potential memory leak in the undo data generation code for some of the tools.
- Made a lot of smaller fixes, GUI detail adjustments and other stuff.
Changes in version 2.18:
- Good news for adware-hostile people! NO MORE ADWARE INTEGRATION! I have decided to remove all adware bundling (or spyware, as some people insist on calling it) in the program. The program still displays a banner in the unregistered version, but it is only a simple (animated) image, compiled statically into the program just like any other image. No "calling home", and no activity whatsoever outside of program runtime!
- Fixed a bug which caused the program to crash when using certain combinations of filter settings, AGAIN. Now the filter should be completely stable, I promise (sort of). :-)
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to crash under certain conditions when tagging files with the browse tool while having the "Advanced ID3v2 info" window open.
- Fixed a bug which caused the warning messages about filenames being longer than 64 characters not to show correctly sometimes.
Changes in version 2.17:
- Fixed a bug which caused some old ID3v2.2 tags to seem empty, although they weren't.
- Fixed a bug which caused the program to crash when using certain combinations of filter settings.
- Fixed a bug that caused a problem when using the fixed length fields of the advanced mode auto tag tool under some conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the auto case fix tool to misbehave under certain conditions.
- Upgraded the program installer to be fully compatible with the new Windows Installer standard. The old installer had problems under e.g. Windows XP. Sadly, this upgrade has increased the size of the install package though. :-(
- Introduced an offer for all registered users to get a $30 discount on the Turtle Beach AudioTron mp3-stereo (offer now expired)!
- Some other smaller or internal bugfixes and updates, unnoticeable to most users.
Changes in version 2.16:
- Fixed a bug (introduced in version 2.15 final) which caused the exception words of the auto letter case fix tool not to be recognized before the case fix settings dialog box had been entered at least once during the same program session. The exception words would also disappear if you pressed cancel in that dialog box.
- Reduced the system resource usage even more for the program.
- Fixed the problem with the "empty" explorer directory tree, which has been occurring on some systems randomly (relatively rarely). Users having problems with it can now enable an option in the program settings, which will make it work for them.
- Fixed a "bug" which caused the program to be unable to perform repairs on files which had some certain file attributes set.
Changes in version 2.15:
- Added an option "Super fast v2 tagging", which makes the program write ID3v2 tags as fast as ID3v1 tags to any file. This has before only been possible to do to files with a pre-existent ID3v2 tag.
NOTE: This option is not active by default, but must be chosen from the main settings (read more about it in the help file).
- Fixed the problem with the program using so much Windows user resources! The program now only uses a fraction of what it used to.
- Added possibility to use absolute paths in the advanced mode of the auto rename/organize tool. Now you can practically organize your whole mp3 collection in ANY way you like, all in a matter of seconds. Especially by combining this absolute path mode, the processing filter and the <OldFileName> field!
- Added an option to compensate for space-padded (non-standard) ID3v1 tagfields.
- Made the program remember the size of the dirtree panel from the last run.
- Added to the "Safe write tag sync mode" that the contents of any newly created tag version will always be automatically synced with the contents of any existent tag of another version. This not being done before has caused lots of confusion with people thinking that tag data has been lost when it hasn't.
- Made it optional to use unsynchronization when writing v2 tags. This was always used before (and should always be used), but many other programs handling v2-tags seem to have problems with this (e.g. programs handling CD-covers in v2-tags) so I made it an option.
- Fixed the problem that gave people "Out of memory" errors for some files. This turned out to be not due to a bug in Mp3/Tag Studio but because the program "MP3ext" writes erroneous ID3v2 tags that causes other tagging programs to crash! I made a workaround to be able to handle such erroneous tags anyway.
- Fixed a problem that caused the program to crash while processing some files using the casefix feature.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to report an error in the framesize calculation for some frames in ID3v2.4 files.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to target any of the "special" ID3v2 fields in the direct tag manipulation tool.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to reactivate the shell extension if you had deactivated it once.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions caused the program to crash when trimming some mp3 files.
- Winamp writes non-standard ID3v2 tag genre fields (it parenthesis-encodes genres but repeat the genre name in clear text as a genre refinement). This caused Mp3/Tag Studio to (correctly) report the tag as unsynced and it made the genre name to appear repeated twice in the genre field. Added detection and compensation for this Winamp flaw.
- Fixed a small memory leak in the ID3v2 tagging code.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash if you tried to cut off a file that was write protected.
- Made the program being able to handle parsed out tracknumbers that contains whitespaces in the ends.
- Moved an error message from a messagebox to a statusbox message in the VBR-header repair code. This is so the batch process won't be suspended just because one file contains errors.
- Fixed a bug that caused the execution of the list creation tool to fail if some combinations of options were selected.
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions caused an error message while starting Mp3/Tag Studio directly on a file from the shell-extension.
- Fixed so that the resize-mode of the program is remembered when it is activated from the shell-extension.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused system crashes in Windows Explorer when something had gone wrong during installation of the shell extension.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an mp3 to overwrite itself if you tried to rename it to its own name in the Browse/Edit tool.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the comboboxes in the Direct tag manipulation tool to act strange.
- The states of the prepend/overwrite/append radiobuttons in the mass set
tool were mistakenly not remembered between programs executions. This was
- Fixed a bug that caused the bitrate and sample frequency parts of the processing filter to malfunction under some conditions.
- Fixed a bug that under some very special conditions made the mass set tool fail to set the encoding flags of an mp3 file.
- Fixed a bug that caused having a single custom field as both source and target template in the direct rename tool to fail syntax checking.
- Fixed a bug that caused automatic line wrapping in the comment field of the mass set tool.
- Updated some smaller internal things, not noticeable to most normal users.
Changes in version 2.1:
- FULL ID3V2 SUPPORT INTEGRATED!
A lot of work has been done to make it as powerful, fast and easy to
use as possible.
- New tool "Direct tag manipulation", that can copy data between any tag fields, disregarding their versions. Has presets for converting ID3v1 tags to ID3v2 tags, casefixing tags and other things.
- Added easy-to-use preset functionality to the filter. Possibility to save your own presets from any settings you like, and default presets to e.g. process only files without ID3v2 tags and such.
- Added easy-to-use preset functionality to the casefix settings. Possibility to save your own presets from any settings you like, and default preset for standard english grammatical title rules.
- Added resizing capabilities for the explorer dir tree and custom file selection listbox.
- Added fixed-length fields to the advanced mode of all parsing templates. Now I don't think that there exists any filename construction that is theoretically parsable but not parsable by Mp3/Tag Studio!
- Added right-click menus containing all the valid template fields for the advanced mode of each template string builder in the program. Really good for easy insertion and overview of existent functionality.
- Added box containing filename of the currently selected file in the manual/edit tool. You can easily select text in it and drag-and-drop it into any tag field.
- Added option for "continuous casefix" in the manual/edit tool. When this
is active it will process anything you enter according to your current casefix
- Added tooltip in the auto tag tool, showing the last selected file in manual/edit, for support of creation of advanced templates.
- Added hotkeys alt-up and alt-down to change files in the browse/edit tag tool, while still keeping focus in the current tag field.
- Added and fixed MANY smaller things that I don't have the time to enter here. Now download it and see for yourself! :-)
Changes in version 2.06:
- Fixed a bug that made the auto retag function of the shell extension show an error message whenever you tried to use it.
This bug was actually fixed already in version 2.05, but I forgot to compile the shell extension one last time, so it was left out of the executable. :-(
- Added a separate, built-in, uninstaller for the shell extension, so you can still keep using it even after uninstalling the program itself if you like.
- Made some other small fixes.
Changes in version 2.05:
- The track-number field in the direct rename tool was not working correctly,
it would always insert a blank instead of the real string. This is now fixed.
- The filter functionality in the listmaker was mistakenly connected to the
wrong checkbox, causing seemingly erradic behaviour of it. This is now fixed.
- It has so far not been possible to put restrictions on directory names (e.g.
that they should begin or end with some certain string) in the parsing templates
of the program. This is now implemented and possible.
- The processing of files was changed from alphabetical to disk order for
optimization reasons in version 2.0. This had the side-effect that the contents
of the generated lists and playlists had a seemingly random order. All lists
are now created based on alphabetical order of the filenames again.
- When opening a certain mp3 in the program directly from the shell-extension,
the mp3-info would not always be displayed correctly. This is now fixed.
- There were several bugs in the control placement layout of the "-noresize"
mode of the program. These are now fixed.
- Some smaller optimizations to reduce the resource usage of the program was
- Speed-optimization of the dynamic menu-creation in the shellextension was
- A bug in the datafile version check caused problems for people installing
the program "over" an old 1.x installation. This is now fixed.
- The visible selection of the current working directory in the explorer dir-tree
would go away as soon as it lost focus. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a small bug in the template interpretation engine, that under some
special conditions would cause an access violation.
- The "replace spaces" feature of the direct rename tool output field would
"fall through" also in advanced mode operation. This is now fixed.
- Fixed a bug that caused an I/O error during extraction of ID3v2-info from
files with certain file attributes.
- Removed a faulty error message that was always displayed when creating Winamp-playlists.
- Fixed a small bug connected to the listpath auto update feature.
- Fixed a hot-key conflict.
- Fixed some lower-level bugs.
Changes in version 2.0:
- There are just too many new feaures in 2.0 to be listed here separately,
but here follows a short list of "bigger" things that old 1.x users
will probably think are great additions. For a better description of all the
program's features, please take a look at the feature
listing instead (or better yet download
the program and check it out yourself).
- Highly configurable shell extension added.
- Direct file rename tool added.
- Detailed, context-sensitive "real" help-file added.
- Easy save and load of template strings implemented.
- Full directory support in all rename/retag operations added.
- ID3v1.1 support (i.e. track number in ID3v1 tags) added. The full ID3v2
support that was scheduled for version 2.0 will be in the next update (2.1)
instead, due to my lack of time though. Stay tuned...
- Advanced mp3 file processing filter added.
- Casefix functionality had a big update.
- Full VBR file support added, including repair and creation of VBR headers!
- Addition of several fields in export lists.
- LOTS MORE!!! You just have to download
it and see for yourself right away! :-)
Changes in version 1.61 are:
- I guess I didn't find all the small bugs that resulted from the compiler
upgrade in version 1.6 after all. A few bugs originating from listboxes are
now fixed. Most people would never experience these bugs, since they only
show under certain quite rare conditions. Anyway, most of them were under
the "Trim mp3" tab and they should now all be fixed.
Changes in version 1.6 are:
- Made it possible to press escape when manually entering a working dir, to
cancel and get back to the last valid one entered.
- Added the possibility to edit and mass set the mp3 flags (copyright, private,
original) on any mp3 file. This might be very handy if programs like Napster
and CuteMX start to refuse transfer of files with e.g. the copyright flag
set, as they are planning due to all the lawsuits against such programs. Choose
between setting the flags only in the header of the file or in every frame
of the file. Mass set flags for all files in a directory, and all it's subdirectories
if you like, all in a matter of seconds.
- Added the option to process all subdirectories when mass settings tags and
- Added the option to process all subdirectories when cleaning up tags.
- Fixed a rather nasty bug that in some cases would move all files in the
subdirectories to the working dir into the root of the working dir when mass
- Fixed a bug that under some circumstances and settings would give mp3s strange
file system attributes when repairing them.
- Fixed some bugs that caused errors when performing some mass operations
in the root dir of a drive.
- Fixed direct autodetection of the "main window flicker" problem,
since the autodetection of it's causes seems to fail on some systems.
- Fixed the bug that caused protection faults in Windows when trying to play
some mp3-files from the browse/edit box. This seemed to be due to a bug in
the Delphi execute command and I'm now using pure Windows API for it.
- Fixed a bug that made the autodetection of zip files in the browse/edit
box fail under some circumstances, where it took them for mp3s and tried to
analyze them instead.
- Fixed a bug that made the "Field separator sequence" edit box
of the list maker always disabled on program startup.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when trying to use the "Write ID3 tags
based on filenames" function without a file extension in the template field.
- Fixed a bug that made the execute button stay disabled although you had
entered a valid template string in manual mode, if all the field checkboxes
were disabled at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that in some cases caused an error when having unchecked all
field checkboxes in the "Write ID3 tags based on filenames"- or "Rename
files based on ID3 tags"-mode and then trying to check any of them again.
- Fixed a bug that under some conditions made the selection of fields in the
order box of the "Write ID3 tags based on filenames" mode wrong when adding
a trash field.
- Upgraded the compiler version, which could have introduced some new bugs
that I haven't noticed yet, but I think I have fixed most of them anyway.
- Made some changes to the program help. Also updated contact information
to match my new domain magnusbrading.com!
- Added advertisements to the unregistered version in the hope of making any
money at all on this program. :-) Sooo very few people have registered this
far (yes, I know that the people in the program's target group aren't the
most suitable for this purpose :-), but the main reason I'm working on the
program isn't to make money anyway, it's because I like it) so I thought I'd
try this instead of locking any features for unregistered users. The
program is still fully un-crippled, non-timelocked and nag-free! The
advertisements will go away as soon as you register your copy. And please
click on the ads now and then if you like the program and haven't payed for
it, will ya? :-)
Changes in version 1.51 are:
- Fixed some bugs related to wrong resizing and graphics when using non-standard Windows settings. In some cases the whole main program window flickered endlessly and the about box was incorrectly painted. Window controls might also be sized and positioned incorrectly in these cases.
- Added the two command-line parameters "-noresize" and "-resize" that can force the intelligent resize feature of the program to be disabled or enabled in case the autodetection for the need of this fails.
Changes in version 1.5 are:
- Added mp3 file analysis for the manual browse/edit feature (bitrate, sample frequency, playlength and all that stuff).
- Added mp3 file analysis fields to the list creator / database exporter.
- Added a character case auto fix feature to the rename and set tag functions.
- Added an intelligent custom resize feature of the program main window (resize it and see!). Chosen size will also automatically be remembered for subsequent runs.
- Added Winamp playlist output to the list creator / database exporter.
- Added totally new feature "Repair Mp3", more known as "Uncook" to some people. More development on this will come in later versions.
- Added totally new feature "Trim Mp3", with which you can cut off any length from the start or end of an mp3, preserving the ID3 tag and cutting the frames clean.
- Now making the last working dir to be set automatically on program start.
- Added undo possibility to all operations.
- Added recurse subdirs possibility for auto rename and auto set tag functions.
- Added possibility to rename/set tags of separate files directly from the browse file listbox, according to the corresponding mass operation`s settings.
- Hyped up the about box even more! Take a look! (best effect against light, colorful backgrounds)
- Fixed an annoying hotkey bug in the working dir browse box.
- Fixed a bug that in some cases made the write ID3 tag function case sensitive on file extensions.
- Fixed a minor bug concerning the writing to files of ID3 tags.
- Fixed a bug causing errors while trying to write tags to files with certain file system attributes.
- Fixed a minor bug concerning the file name parser in the write ID3 tag function.
- Fixed the bug that caused a crash when trying to change working dir after having externally renamed or deleted your current working dir! As I said before it was a bug in the Delphi VCL and I had to rewrite it a bit.
- Fixed another "bug" in the Delphi VCL. There was no way to update the drive list in the drive combo box after itīs creation. If you e.g. connected a new network drive during the execution of Mp3/Tag Studio, it wouldnīt show up in the drive combo box and you had to manually type in any directory on that drive you wanted to go to. Anyway, nothing a little VCL patch couldnīt fix. :-)
- Fixed some interface and graphics stuff.
- Fixed a lot of minor bugs, unnoticeable to most users.
Changes in version 1.2 are:
- Implemented a manual mp3-name-format edit feature for both the auto-rename and the auto-tag-setting functions. This is a very powerful tool as you probably can understand. It uses auto syntax correction and syntax error check, and is as easy to use as the rest of the application.
- Added a little checkbox in the status window to make it stay visible when changing tabs.
- Added the possibility for manual entry of the working dir and database output file path. Auto check for existance / correct entering of typed-in path included.
- Added hot-keys to most functions and controls.
- Fixed so that all characters except the ones illegal by the operating system can be put in the filenames in the auto-rename function.
- Filenames containing the same characters as before but with different case will now be renamed too, on all rename locations.
- Fixed some remaining problems concerning operations on files located directly in the root dir of a drive. All related problems should be gone now.
- Edited some status messages for easier overlook of status messages after a mass operation.
- Updated the program help.
- Hotted up the About window (check it out!).
- Fixed a LOT of small focus settings, status messages and other interface stuff, for a much better over-all feeling of comfort and stability.
- Fixed some smaller interface and graphics stuff.
- Fixed a bunch of small, to most people unnoticeable, bugs.
Changes in version 1.1 are:
- Fixed a bug that caused several problems when creating lists with the "Recurse subdirs" option chosen, using the root of any drive as working dir.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when trying to create a list, and one or more of the file names contains more that one period (.).
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when choosing a drive that is not accessible (e.g. a CD-ROM with no CD in it) in the working dir dialog.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error message when pressing the browsebutton for the working dir selection, when the last drive/directory you used as working directory is not accessible at the moment.
- Added a confirmation box when trying to overwrite a list that you just created.
Version 1.0, first public release!
- A great program sees the light of the day... :-)