Changes in version 3.2 (beta 2) are:
- Added support for the latest versions of all supported browsers (Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1, Firefox 1.0.1, Opera 7.54, Mozilla 1.7.5, Netscape 7.2). (beta 1)
- Added support for the description/comment and keyword/shortname fields for bookmarks and folders, in all browsers where it is applicable. (beta 1)
- Fixed a bug that under certain conditions could cause a crash when converting from Opera bookmark collections that contained subfolders in the Personal Bar folder. (beta 1)
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors when outputting IE favorites from bookmarks having a leading space. (beta 1)
- Added handling of a newly found illegal naming condition in Windows file systems, during writing of IE favorites. (beta 1)
- Made the importing code for Netscape/Mozilla/Firebird/Phoenix bookmark files more tolerant to some custom modifications of the bookmark file that might be done by other third party products. (beta 1)
- Improved detection of bookmark collection for all browsers, and upgraded it for latest browser versions. (beta 2)
- Fixed a bunch of problems for users running Windows with the "Large Fonts" / "Large Size" setting. (beta 2)
- Added a tool to backup/restore/clear Internet Explorer favorites ordering data. (beta 2)
- The format of all binary data files handled by Bookmark Converter was changed, which means that you cannot use any previously created settings, sync sets or bookmark backup sets with this version of Bookmark Converter, they have to be recreated. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this really had to be done (and should hopefully never happen again). (beta 2)
- Known problems in this release:
Microsoft has changed the format of their undocumented way of storing ordering information for Internet Explorer favorites in Internet Explorer 6 SP1. Until I have been able to reverse engineer this new format more fully, only reading of Internet Explorer favorite order information is supported for IE 6 SP1 systems, not writing (i.e. your order of bookmarks might not be preserved when converting to Internet Explorer 6 SP1 systems).
Changes in version 3.1 are:
- Updated support/compatibility for most recent versions of all supported browsers.
- Added explicit support (and bookmark file detection) for the Firebird/Phoenix browser.
- Added full support for multi-tab bookmarks.
Changes in version 3.0 are:
- This is a HUGE update, affecting practically all parts of the program, but here below follows some of the key news anyway.
- Now supports Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera and Mozilla, and can convert in any direction between these!
- Keeps the order of all types of bookmarks when converting them, including Internet Explorer favorites.
- Can sort entire bookmark collections, e.g. alphabetically. Both while converting them, or by themselves.
- Made the synchronization feature much more advanced. It now supports adding, deleting and moving of bookmarks and folders, and also in an arbitrary number of bookmark collections!
- Added a bookmark browser tool, in which a bookmark collection of any type can be opened, and the bookmarks in it can be searched and edited. It can then save them to a bookmark collection of any type.
- Added a tool for detection and easy removal of duplicates in bookmark collections.
- Added automatic translation of "special bookmark folders" between all browsers (e.g. the "Personal Toolbar Folder" in Netscape and the "Links" folder in Internet Explorer).
- Added support for more bookmark data, like comments and such.
- Extended the command-line mode to cover all new features.
- Added a detailed help file, and help about the current operation can be brought up at any point from inside the program.
- Also MUCH more stuff that won't fit here!
Changes in version 2.91 are:
- Made the program fully compatible with Windows XP.
Changes in version 2.9 are:
- Made the program fully compatible with Netscape 6.
- Fixed a problem related to reserved filenames in DOS.
- Fixed the problem with ampersands ("&") in the names of favorites and bookmarks (again :-)).
Changes in version 2.85 are:
- Added the command-line conversion option "-silent", which will make the program do it's job completely invisible in command-line mode.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with IE 5, that has to do with ampersands ("&") in the names of favorites and bookmarks.
- Updated contact info.
- Updated the program help.
Changes in version 2.81 are:
- Updated registration info.
Changes in version 2.8 are:
- Added a new parameter for the command-line conversion feature. With this new parameter you can make the program only convert once in a custom number of days, even if you execute it several times. Especially good for companies that put the program in the login script for each user. Last run info is stored locally for each user, even if the program is called from a remote server over the network.
- Made some additions to the help.